All in the heart of downtown
- The “Tower” has become the City of Calgary’s most famous and identifiable physical landmark and a must-see on any tourist’s itinerary. Also includes Tourism Calgary.
Calgary “Sparks” Science Centre
- Explore amazing displays on space, electricity, puzzles, construction and much more in some of Canada’s finest interactive exhibits. Great fun for children and adults alike!
Chinese Cultural Centre
- A non-profit organization, the Centre is home to a Chinese library, a cultural museum, a Chinese school, a multi-purpose hall -gymnasium, a gift store and much more. The Centre is open to the public year-round. Admission is free.
- Home to critically acclaimed music series, innovative arts education programs, five resident performing arts companies and several major festivals. Jack Singer Theatre- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Max Bell. Alberta Theatre Calgary. Epcor Centre Theatre. Martha Cohen. Big Secret.
- Located in the heart of the inner city, in one of Calgary’s oldest communities, Uptown 17th Avenue is a place where people work, dine, shop, explore, live and visit. With its unique blend of historic buildings and state of the art shops and professional services. The Avenue exemplifies the old era of a small town with all of the conveniences of a modern, vibrant city.
Eau Claire Market
- At Eau Claire Festival Market you could encounter a marching band, or an orchestra playing on the plaza. Catch dinner and a movie, or play games in the multimedia entertainment centre. Indulge yourself and browse the specialty shops for distinctive items, a great Calgary shopping experience.
Eau Claire YMCA
- Open since 1988, the Eau Claire YMCA is a 100,000 square foot facility featuring a 25 metre swimming pool, variable depth training pool, gymnasium, multi-purpose rooms, meeting rooms, strength and conditioning area, running track, squash and raquetball courts and full amenity locker rooms. Wheelchair accessible, the Eau Claire YMCA also features a full service café, massage therapy, licensed childcare, drop-in babysitting and personal fitness services.
- Princess Island Park : Peace Bridge
- Calgary’s Downtown is a shopping, entertainment, cultural and recreation centre for Calgarians, and a tourist centre for more than 4.5 million visitors a year. Stephen Avenue Walk- from City Hall, Olympic Plaza to Devonian Gardens. (8th ave)
- 15 plus walkways
- Experience an arm chair adventure that will take your breath away…literally! The IMAX Theatre at Chinook Centre provides you with a larger-than-life escape putting you in the heart of the action!
- This travel and tourism guide for Calgary, featuring maps, events, shops, restaurants, tours, attractions and more, will help you plan a successful visit to the city of Calgary
- Stephen Avenue Walk
- Glenbow is western Canada’s largest museum, with over 93,000 square feet of exhibition space spreading over three floors. The art collection contains some 28,000 works which date primarily from the 19th century to the present.